Test Automation – Selenium with Java
This course is designed for automation testers who have basic coding skills. This course focuses on creating, executing and maintaining automation Tests.
This course includes hands-on labs and real testing project to reinforce practical skills and ensure you’re ready to use the tools on your return to your workplace.
* Testers working at least for one year in software testing field.
* Testers have good knowledge in programming languages (Preferred Java or C#).
This course is designed for Testers, QC Engineers and QC Leads.
• Intro to SW Test Automation
• Test Robots
• Where Selenium Fits (Does/Doesn't)?
• Why Selenium is so important?
• What is the different selenium Versions?
• GUI Test Automation Basics
• Why Selenium?
• Install Java [Should be done before the course]
• Install Eclipse[Should be done before the course]
• Project Structure
• Selenium “Hello World”
• Hands on: Hello selenium usual and remote node.
• Dealing with basic elements.
• Basic XPath.
• Hands on: Dealing with basic elements.
• Test frameworks [TestNG]
• Benefits of using test frameworks
• Write TestNG basic Tests
• TestNG Reports
• Driving test from TestNG XML.
• XPath and CSS locators.
• Issues with new web technologies. [Locating elements, Waiting for events]
• Waiting mechanisms.
• Protractor calculator sample.[Hands On]
• Accessing Complex Elements [Trees, Tables, and Tabs].
• Review Web-Driver Commands.
• Using JS with selenium
• Scrolling an element into view.
• Hands on a sample.
• Implementing a full scenario.
• Hands-on adding another scenario.
• Configuring the test execution.
• Enhancements [Parameterization, and grouping].
• Data drove testing.
• [Hands on Calculator with multiple data values]
• Assignment [data driven using CSV file].
• Multiple browser testing.
• Screen capturing.
• Constructed/Compound Actions
• Hands-on compound actions.
• Switches Alerts & Windows.
• Upload files.
• Running the test from the command shell.