ISTQB - Test Manager [Not Accredited]
The Advanced Level qualification is aimed at people who have achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing. This includes people in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers.
This Advanced Level qualification is also appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants.
To receive Advanced Level certification, candidates must hold the Foundation Certificate and satisfy the Exam Board which examines them that they have sufficient practical experience to be considered Advanced Level qualified.
* Testing Process
* Test Management
* Defect Management
* Improving the Testing Process
* Test Tool and Automation
* People Skills
* Manage a testing project by implementing the mission, goals and testing processes established for the testing organization.
* Organize and lead risk identification and risk analysis sessions and use the results of such sessions for test estimation, planning, monitoring and control.
* Create and implement test plans consistent with organizational policies and test strategies.
* Continuously monitor and control the test activities to achieve project objectives.
* Assess and report relevant and timely test status to project stakeholders.
* Identify skills and resource gaps in their test team and participate in sourcing adequate resources.
* Identify and plan necessary skills development within their test team.
* Propose a business case for test activities which outlines the costs and benefits expected.
* Ensure proper communication within the test team and with other.