ISTQB - Foundation Level
The Foundation Level qualification is aimed at professionals who need to demonstrate practical knowledge of the fundamental concepts of software testing. This includes people in roles such as test designers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and IT Professionals.
The Foundation Level qualification is also appropriate for anyone who needs a basic understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants.
It is suggested that candidates for the Foundation Level certification have at least six months' practical experience in a professional testing role.
* Fundamentals of Testing
* Testing Throughout the Software Life Cycle
* Static Techniques
* Test Design Techniques
* Test Management
* Tool Support for Testing
* Use a common language for efficient and effective communication with other testers and project stakeholders.
* Understand established testing concepts, the fundamental test process, test approaches, and principles.
* Design and prioritize tests by using established techniques
* Analyze both functional and non-functional specifications (such as performance and usability).
* Execute tests according to agreed test plans, and analyze and report on the results of tests
* Write clear and understandable incident reports
* Effectively participate in reviews of small to medium-sized projects
* Be familiar with different types of testing tools and their uses; assist in the selection and implementation.